NAMI In Our Own Voice
An interactive presentation that provides insight into what it’s like to live with mental illness.
Mental illness affects one in four Americans annually yet misunderstanding surrounding these conditions still persists. NAMI In Our Own Voice challenges these misperceptions.
What Should I Expect?
- Engaging presentation with video and discussion
- No cost to participants
- Led by trained individuals who live in recovery with mental illness
- No specific medical therapy or medication is endorsed or recommended
Why Should I Attend?
- Gain insight into the daily experience of living with mental illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are treatable medical conditions
- Discover that recovery is possible
- See people living meaningful lives, beyond stereotypes
- Discuss questions in a safe environment
- Learn the importance of getting involved to help yourself and others
What People are Saying
If you would like more information about NAMI In Our Own Voice, contact NAMI Rochester at 585-423-1593 or email us at email@example.com.
Ending the Silence
Helping middle and high school students understand mental illness makes a big difference. We can teach them about the warning signs for themselves and their friends. NAMI Ending the Silence helps raise awareness and change perceptions around mental health conditions.
Through this no-cost classroom presentation, students get to see the reality of living with a mental health condition. During the 50-minute presentation, a young adult living with mental illness and a family member tell their stories about mental health challenges, including what hurt and what helped.
What People are Saying
If you would like to host a NAMI Ending the Silence presentation at your school, contact NAMI Rochester at 585-423-1593 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Education/Customized Presentations
NAMI Rochester provides Community Education Presentations and Programs which can be customized based upon the needs of the organization, or can be presented in the format of one of our many NAMI Signature Programs. These presentations are given by individuals in recovery from mental Illness and family members who have a loved one with an illness.
In addition, NAMI holds periodic educational lectures and workshops on a variety of topics related to mental illness presented by experts in the field. All are welcome to attend these no-cost events. Pre-registration is required for some.
If you would like more information, contact NAMI Rochester at 585-423-1593 or email us at email@example.com.